Lone Star Circle of Care (LSCC) is an equal opportunity employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
At LSCC, our Medical Assistants are an essential member of of the health care team of our patients! You play an important role in helping to create a positive, welcoming, and warm environment for our patients. If you are passionate about helping to improving the health of our community's underserved, enjoy being part of a collaborative team, and want to work in a fast-paced environment, please read on!
- Obtain, evaluate, and record patient history in medical file
- Obtain and measure vital signs and record information on patients' charts
- Prepare and maintain examination/treatment rooms, including cleaning and sterilizing instruments, and inventory of medical supplies and materials
- Assisting the examination of patients under the direction of a physician
- Explain treatment procedures to patients
- May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis
- Prepare and administer oral medications and routine immunizations
- Perform routine diagnostic and laboratory tests
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- Current Basic Life Support certification for healthcare providers from the American Heart Association is required
- Medical Assistant Certificate from one of the following organizations preferred.
1. CMA - American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
2. RMA - American Medical Technologists (AMT)
3. CCMA- National Health Career Association (NHA)
4. NRCMA through National Association of Health Professionals (NAHP)
5. NCMA- National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- Prior professional experience as a Medical Assistant is a definite plus
?*Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org*