Monday - Thursday
6:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Company in Smithville, TX has an immediate opening for an Industrial Painter.
The industrial painter position will be responsible for appropriately applying paint to all finished parts requiring paint. They will uphold Company quality by having a clear understanding of the paint process from start to finish. This position will adhere to all Spiradrill safety, quality, inventory and production guidelines, standards, policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Select appropriate coatings, paints, or sprays, or prepare them by mixing substances according to formulas, using automated paint mixing equipment.
- Make sure all equipment is cleaned and properly prepped before painting.
- Read and understand formulas and follow written and verbal directions.
- Perform startup and shut-down process on the paint line.
- Disassemble, clean, reassemble, and maintain painting application equipment.
- Follow departmental objectives, standards or directions.
- Perform routine maintenance on painting equipment.
- Make sure work area is clean.
- Paint equipment to quality expectations.
- Follow safety guidelines.
- Always wear protective clothing and respirator.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism within the department.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must have 2 to 3 years of paint experience in a Polyurethane Enamel application
- Basic written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with other
- Position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing on and under machines all day
- Frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds
- Requires a willingness to walk continuously throughout a 10 hour shift
- Must be able to work in dusty and dirty conditions
- Forklift truck operator knowledge